Welcome to Jeanie Beanie Dolls

One of a Kind Cloth Dolls

Hand Dyed Fabrics and Ribbons

Hand Painted Lace

contact: jeaniebeaniedoll@aol.com



Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Some more old dolls













These are some of my old dolls. I will be adding a few at a time. The white pair of dolls was done for a club challenge based on the "Book of Qualities" by J. Ruth Gendler. We wrote alll the qualities from the book on slips of paper then we each drew 3 qualities. We could make one or more of the qualities as our challenge doll. Two of the qualities I drew were compassion and devotion. I used both with this mother daughter pair. The daughter is showing compassion to the bird with the broken wing. The pregnant mother shows devotion to her child.


The other doll was for another club challenge - make a doll based on a storybook. i selected "Per and the Dala Horse". It is a Scandinavian fairy tale. Part of my heritage is Finnish. The book is not Finnish but was the closest I could come. The doll is made fro the "Kiddikins" pattern by Jo Ellen. The costume is my own interpretation of the doll in the book. I made the little wooden horse with a little help from my husband and his bandsaw.


Tomorrow I am teaching a class on hat making using fur felt. This is the felt used in real hats. I have molded the felt and the class will be decorating them. I will post some of my samples after the class.



Jean




No comments: